Need to get in touch with faculty or staff members? Find their emails here.
Due to community health safety concerns regarding the 2020 covid-19 pandemic, Bethany Christian Schools will be educationg through eLearning until May 1.
The offices will also be closed during this time. Check back here for ongoing updates.
During this time all extracurricular and athletic practices/contests are canceled.
Students in grades 4-6 will receive schedule/information directly from your teachers.
Students in grades 7-12 will follow the schedule below for March 30-April 2. Spring Break begins Friday, April 3.
Before the class period starts:
- Students should be at a suitable place for school work -- for example, at a table without other audio or video distractions and suitably dressed for possible participation in video meetings
- Computers should be charged or plugged in, and turned on
- Students should be logged into both email and to the Unified Classroom page for the class BEFORE the start of the class period.
- At the start of the class period check email and Powerschool class pages for instructions for the day’s class period
Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the period and is required for credit.
- This might be in the form of a response to a google form or logging into a group video or chat meeting with your teacher and classmates.
- Teachers may initiate a group meeting or group chat or require other participation at any time during the class period. You are expected to be “in class” just as you would be in a normal school day.
- If you are sick, have an appointment, etc., please communicate with the Bethany office as usual and directly with the affected teacher.
Teachers will have “office hours” each day from 3-4 p.m. when they will be available to answer your questions or clarify assignments.
- Do not expect immediate responses from teachers outside of their “office hours.” There will be times during the day when teachers cannot immediately respond to you as they are teaching another class, or if outside of the school day when they are taking care of their families and other responsibilities.
- Mentors will be checking in weekly with their mentees. Mentees, please watch for these communications and respond.
Problems or Difficulties
If you are having difficulty with your computer or logging into Powerschool etc., communicate with Technology Director Peter Shetler:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text (see email sent to all parents/students)